Thursday, May 7, 2009

something to Blog-about

Hello Dear Readers -- with the thought
that my poor blog, which has suffered
such neglect, deserves a more frequent
replenishment, here's today's post in
my long-running timed poem-exchange with
the young New York poet Jordan Rome.

15

11:05 a.m.

FIFTEEN MINUTE POEM

In the first three minutes,
with nothing, really, to say,
I'll breathe, seek aspiration,
hope to pass as someone somewhat loveable.

Along about minute four
there will gather a certain trepidation
(since words -- given time-scheme -- must shortly arrive)
and so will stir, strive

through two full minutes of my Fifteen Minute Poem:
note how I grew, studied, married,
suffered, divorced...
God-awful stuff to score through at once,

and in the next six minutes write
furiously as dark chords resound
my default Fifteen Minute Poem
which yet again will praise

wu wei, guys, doing nothing, letting it be,
living in my socks, no sweat, faking
enlightenment
in my as-if way.

11:20

- b
---

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home